Here you can find out what are the possibilities for manual trading on Quantower directly from the chart.
Placing orders on the Quantower platform can be done using various panels, such as Order Entry, DOM Trader, and Chart. In this guide, we will show you how to place orders via the Chart panel using the sidebar trading toolbar and mouse mode.
- Chart trading mode with the mouse
- Quick order placement through the chart area with a mouse.
- How to set up multiple limit orders
- How to activate trading with hotkeys
- Setting and trading from the hotkeys.
To activate the quick trading toolbar, click on the button in the upper right corner.
The general view of Chart Trading Toolbar may differ depending on the available functions for each trade connection. This panel will be slightly different for crypto connections, as well as for those that do not allow to create Brackets or server-side Stop Loss / Take Profit orders. For more details about available order types for each connection, please check the Order Types section
The Quick Order Quantity buttons are designed to help you adjust the specified volume with a single click based on your trading strategy. You can set default parameters that you frequently use and need to quickly adjust the values. Additionally, these buttons can apply any formula to calculate the order volume, allowing for greater flexibility in order sizing. To personalize your Quick Order Quantity buttons, access the chart settings in the "Order Entry" menu section and locate the "OE buttons" field.
You can set standard values of the order amount, which corresponds to your risks. This is very convenient for manual trading.
Buttons can change not only to a given amount of position, but also apply any formulas
By right-clicking, you can save the default order entry settings for all symbols
There are two ways to enter the quantity of a position
- Entering an order in lots of a traded symbol or coin - this was described above
- Entering the amount of money planned to purchase that asset.
It is important to remember that if you use margin trading, the result is counted taking into account the leverage.
This example is for crypto markets
For example, at the moment you have $82 on your account and 10 leverage is set. It means that you have $820 available balance for trade. This is what you can see in the example.
Then you can set automatic stop loss and profit in pips. It's very convenient to set the lot size and protect it. Specify your values in the appropriate fields.
Some brokers such as Binance do not allow stop orders for limit orders. (Until the position is NOT open) In this case, use limit orders of the opposite direction
- Use the Quick Trade toolbar
- Set your values for stop loss or profit. You can also use any one parameter only.
- Use the button to activate the trade with the mouse to set a limit order
If you execute an order at market, the specified stop parameters will retain their values and will be set immediately.
This example is for connecting a CQG/AMP
- To set multiple stop orders for a single position, do the following Switch the bracket (stop) settings to multi mode
- Enter data for setting the first limit orders and how many lots or coins should be closed
- For the next stops, enter similar data on the next line.
- You can set orders in multiples of your total volume
- 1.Next comes a block of buttons for quickly placing an order into the betting slots at the appropriate price.
2. Next comes a large block of functions for managing the current position. You can delete or limit orders or stops. You can also reverse your position with one button or set it to no loss. These are very functional buttons, do not miss them.
To access the quick trade toolbar, click the button in the upper right corner.
The Mouse Trading feature enables you to conveniently place limit and stop orders directly on the chart. To activate this feature, simply click on the mouse icon located in the upper right corner of the panel.
You can place multiple orders in a row by holding down the CTRL key.
If the mouse position is higher than the current price then:
- left click of the mouse will set a Buy Stop order;
- right click of the mouse will set a Sell Limit order.
If the mouse position is lower than the current price then:
- left click of the mouse will set a Buy Limit order;
- right click of the mouse will set a Sell Stop order.
To enable trading via hotkeys, simply click on the keyboard icon located in the upper right corner of the chart panel. This will activate the feature, allowing you to conveniently execute trades using your keyboard.