Connection to Rithmic
Rithmic technology provides access for trading futures and options on CME, CBOT, NYMEX and other exchanges. Full market depth, reliable data and great execution are main features of Rithmic.
To connect Quantower to a broker that uses Rithmic technology, it is sufficient to have (or create a new) account.
- Open connection manager, select Rithmic and specify the type of connection (Demo / Real).
- Click on Connection Settings and activate Use RTrader option to avoid additonal fees for subscription to market data. If necessary, trader can change the server. By default, the Rithmic Paper Chicago server is set for demo accounts and the Rithmic Aurora Chicago server is set for real accounts.
- Enter your login and password and click Connect.
Enter login data for connection to Rithmic
Activate Use RTrader option to avoid additonal fees for subscription to market data
Market by Order (MBO) data shows the order size of an individual position inside the level2 data for a certain price. To activate the displaying of this data, open the Connection settings and tick on "Enable 'Market by Order' (MBO) mode".
Enable Market by Order MBO data for Rithmic in Quantower platform
After activation, you can see this data in the DOM Trader panel.
Open Settings in the DOM trader panel -> Columns -> Bids/Ask (if you use split mode or Bids and Asks as single columns) -> Size coloring scheme -> MBO. Also, you can set Filter orders more than (MBO) if you want to see orders with a certain size.
Activating MBO data in Quantower platform
Visual comparison between Market by Oder (MBO) and Market by Price (MBP)
Sometimes, when connecting to the Rithmic, you may see the error "Market Data Connection Closed (Broken)". Below we will describe possible reasons and solutions.
Rithmic error "Market Data Connection Closed" in Quantower
Rithmic error "Market Data Connection Broken" in Quantower
- directly, without using RTrader Pro platform. This approach allows only one platform to be connected.
- through their RTrader Pro platform. This connection uses Plugin Mode and allows you to connect multiple platforms at the same time (!)
Use Rithmic plugin mode for multiple access
More often such error occurs for the following reasons:
- You didn't accept agreements "Market Data Subscription Agreement" and "Market Data Self-Certification" during the registration on Rithmic's website or in R Trader platform. We recommend connecting through R Trader or R Trader Pro platforms to check your account.Solution: accept agreements in RTrader Pro platform
- A new account was created less than an hour ago. Usually, the full activation of a new account takes from 30 minutes to 1 hour.Solution: open RTrader Pro platform and connect with your login. If the connection is successful, then your account is active in Rithmic system
- Make sure that your login matches the Demo or Real connectionSolution: try both connection options in Quantower
- If Quantower was connected to Rithmic before via the RTrader Plugin (i.e. the checkbox Use RTrader is active), and at the moment the RTrader Pro platform is not connected or the Allow Plugins option is not active there, then Quantower will not be able to connect.Solution (several different options, not step-by-step):1) start RTrader Pro platform with Allow Plugins mode and connect again to your account in Quantower2) try to connect to Rithmic as a direct connection: close RTrader Pro platform, disable Use Rtrader option in Quantower settings and restart Quantower. After start Quantower again and connect to your account as a direct connection
Plugin Mode in RTrader Pro is disabled but active in Quantower
- In the case of a direct connection (without RTrader Plugin mode), you cannot use the same login on different platforms at the same time. The connection can be only one login on one platform (!).When trying to connect with one login on different platforms, it can log out from the first platform (which was connected), but the login on the second platform will not be successfully connected (on which we are trying to log in).Solution: use RTrader Plugin mode for multiple connections or close all platforms and connect via Quantower as direct connection (without Rtrader plugin mode)
- The error can be encountered because the Rithmic server is unavailable to be connected to. This error commonly can be encountered over the weekend. In this case, it is best to wait until Sunday evening to see if you can connect to determine if this is the problem or there is some other problem.
- Rithmic demo accounts are limited to 14 days per exchange guidelines on providing live, streaming data. If you have used a Rithmic demo previously you will not be able to login with a new Rithmic demo Username.
- If you are unable to connect within a few days, you need to contact your broker about this issue.
If you enable Use RTrader plugin in Connection Settings and still can not connect to Rithmic, please check that you have more than 1 active session for Market data.
This problem can be due to the fact that you do not have a subscription to this Level2 data. To check this, launch the RTrader Pro platform and open the Order Book panel.
If you don't have Bid/Ask values in the RTrader platform, you need to subscribe to this data via Rithmic's support. After that, you will see level2 data in our platform as well.
This means that the Evaluation account has been failed and has been disabled.
It either means you have reached your Trailing Threshold Drawdown or that you have held a trade past 4:59 PM ET.
To resolve this issue, please contact support team of your Prop Trading company