Comment on page
Basic settings and features for charts in Quantower
The chart panel is one of the most important panel for an active trader. Accurate market data, graphical and analytical tools are integral components of the panel, which allow you to make the right trading decisions.
Main parts of Chart panel in Quantower
The chart panel can be divided into 5 parts:
- the chart area itself with the displaying of price data, indicators, positions
- chart order entry with hot buttons for quick trading
The top toolbar allows you to select a trading instrument, set the chart type and style, timeframe, depth of market data as well as call additional toolbars.
- Depth of History for the selected timeframe
- Chart Styles — Bar, Candle, Line, Area, Dotted Line, Quantower chart style
- Keyboard Trading mode — activates the keyboard trading mode for quick trading. You can change trading hotkeys in the chart settings
- Mouse Trading mode for placing orders via chart area using the mouse.
- Quick Order Entry with Best Bid & Offer (Ask) prices where you can place orders or open a new position by the market price
- Sidebar Order Entry with Trading Buttons where you can set Order Quantity, TIF for different order types
Primary or Top toolbar with the main controls
The sidebar menu allows you to add an indicator to the chart, a drawing tool or an overlay, and also manage all objects through the object manager.
An overview of Sidebar menu with indicators, drawings and overlays
For traders who often refer to certain drawings, there is an option to fix them on the Sidebar. For this, near each drawing there is a "Star" icon, upon activation of which you add them to the Favorite List.
Last modified 2yr ago