Connection to CQG (AMP Futures)
CQG provides access to more than 75 world exchanges, allowing you to trade futures, options, stocks, bonds, commodity spreads, and much more.
CQG provides access to more than 75 world exchanges, allowing you to trade futures, options, stocks, bonds, commodity spreads, and much more. Besides, traders get the opportunity to work with a wide range of analytical tools, like volume profiles, footprint (cluster chart), VWAP, Power Trades, TPO chart, DOM Trader, Option Analytics and DOM Surface panels.
Below there is the link where you can register a demo account for 28 days and try all the functionality of the platform at work. If you already have a live trading account, you can start your trading directly via Quantower.
Fill out the form on the AMP website and within several minutes you will get an email from CQG with your credentials (Login and Password).
By default, we do not provide a predefined list of symbols (maybe in the next updates we will add default symbols). To find the desired symbol, go to the Tradable Symbols page on the CQG site where you can find a correct ticker. Also, we’ve prepared a list of the most frequent trading symbols for the futures market.
CQG provides access to market indicators via AMP Futures that allow you to assess the overall sentiment of the market. TRIN and TICK are the most popular indicators that can be used to determine the short-term price movement.
TRIN shows the ratio between the number of advancing and declining stocks (AD Ratio) to advancing and declining volume (AD volume).
TICK shows the difference between the number of stocks trading on upticks and downticks. It uses as an intraday indicator.
Activate the exchange for getting TRIN, TICK indicators in Quantower
- Connect to CQG and start typing the name of the required indicator in the symbol search field
Type the name of required market indicator
Searching of necessary market indicator
Due to the fact that data providers do not provide information about trading sessions for trading assets, traders may face the problem of incorrect display of volume analysis data for Regular trading hours (RTH) and for Electronic trading hours (ETH). To solve this problem, a trader can set up the necessary sessions for an individual instrument, exchange, or the entire connection to the provider.
As an example, let's set the time of RTH and ETH sessions for CME Indexes:
Sessions Manager panel in Quantower
- Click the Sessions templates button on the toolbar and Create new to open the Session template creation screen.
- Set up a new template's parameters, such as: Template's name, Timezone, Session's name, Time and Days. Once you finish setting the sessions template, click the Save button.
Time for RTH session
Time for ETH session
Time for full day (RTH+ETH)
Custom trading session for CME Indexes for Regular trading Hours (Central Time)
Custom trading session for CME Indexes for Electronic trading Hours (Central Time)
Custom trading session for CME Indexes for the full trading day )ETH+RTH) (Central Time)
- To assign previously created templates to some symbol, you need to call the Sessions assignment screen by clicking the Assign sessions button on the toolbar.
- Apply or switch between different sessions on desired panels (chart, DOM trader, TPO etc.). Just open the panel's settings and find the Custom session parameter (usually in the General section).
CQG provides access to continuous futures data. To activate this data, go to the connection settings and turn on "Request continuation history".