Quantower provides a Trading simulator, the excellent trading tool that allows emulating the execution of orders under any connection, including those that do not allow trading.
Trading Simulator is a specially designed trading tool that allows emulating the execution of orders for any connection, including those that do not allow trading.
For whom it will be useful? For any trader - from beginner to pros, trading in with any type of instrument. For example, crypto traders who do not have real accounts on a crypto exchange can trade in the demo mode on the selected crypto exchange.
Note that each start and stop of the simulator creates a new trading account.
General view of Trading Simulator panel
- Launch the Trading Simulator from the Control Center. The panel is located in the Trading category.
- Add desired symbols on which the trading simulation will take place.
Adding the trading symbol to Trading Simulator panel
- Set the initial balance for trading accounts, execution delay, type of netting for selected symbols, and commission size.
Set initial balance for trading
- Run the simulation by clicking the "Start" button. The status of the panel changes to Simulation is active.
- Open required panels for analysis and trading. On the header of each panel that participates in the trading simulation, shows the corresponding inscription — Simulator.
You can open panels that linked to the simulation process
"Stop" button will abort the simulation process as well as cancel all positions and orders.
In the general settings, you can set the initial balance for the test account, set the delay in execution, and configure the settings of netting for each instrument.
General settings for accounts and symbols
- Initial balance — the amount of money for the test account.
Trading Simulator creates separate trading accounts for each base currency of the instrument. For example, if you chose EUR / USD currency pair, then the account name will be Account (USD), if you select EUR / JPY, then the name will be Account (JPY) respectively.
General settings for symbols in Trading Simulator
- Netting type — methods by which to summarize existing and new positions. There are 3 types of nettings: One Position, Multiple Per Side, Multiple Positions. Examples of using each method you can find in the description of the History Player panel settings.