Interactive Brokers places the following limitations on realtime and historical data accessible to 3rd party applications
Pacing Violations – TWS limits the number of requests for data. It too many requests for data occur in a short period of time, you may see error messages indicating “Pacing Violation”. If this happens you may need to wait a few minutes before trying to load data again.
Real Time Quotes – TWS does impose limits on the number of active tickers (typically around 100). Additional booster packs can be purchased from IB to work around this issue: Booster Packs.
Delayed Data Not Supported – TWS does not provide access to delayed historical data and quotes.
For more details on these limitations see IB Data Limitations.
This guide will help you to configure the connection to the Interactive Brokers and start working on Quantower platform.
3. Download and install IB Software — TWS (Trader Workstation) or IB Gateway on their website. The difference between IB Gateway and TWS is that IB Gateway has a lighter and less sophisticated graphical user interface (GUI) than TWS.
4. Launch TWS or IB Gateway and enter your User name and Password into it, that you received from the broker and click Login button.
5. Once you are logged in, open the additional settings in IB Gateway or TWS: Configure-> Settings. Select API section - > Precautions and activate all checkboxes.
Also necessary in the Settings section diactivate Read-Only API to perform trading operations.
6. If you connect via the TWS platform, please select API section - > Settings and check Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients box as well uncheck Read-Only API:
7. Open the Connections Manager in Quantower platform, select Interactive Brokers connection and click on the CONNECT button.
Wrong Connection Parameters
There may be some problems during the connection to Interactive Brokers, for example Wrong Connection Parameters
In this case, you need to check the connection settings in our platform and in the TWS platform (or IB Gateway). In our platform, go to the Connection Settings.
Select the application through which you are connecting — TWS platform or IB Gateway.
If the problem persists even after choosing the right application, you need to configure the Socket port in TWS (or IB Gateway) and Quantower.
Select the Custom connection port type in the Connection settings of Quantower and set the Port Value
2. Trader Workstation is not running
Connection to Interactive Brokers is made through their TWS trading platform or the IB Gateway application. To successfully connect to IB you need to run their applications.
If you have any other problems during the connection to Interactive Brokers, please contact us in support and we will help you. https://www.quantower.com/contact-us